If you are looking to buy a portable countertop dishwasher for your kitchen, then the EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher in Silver is one of the models that you may want to consider. Countertop dishwashers are ideal for smaller kitchens that dont have sufficient room for regular-size dishwashers. Aside from its compact size, a countertop dishwasher is also convenient since it wont require any plumbing connection for its water source. All you need to do is connect it to your kitchen sink which can serve as your water source.
Read on to learn more about the features, benefits and drawbacks of the EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher.
- Compact Size and Design. With a height of just a little more than 17 inches, the EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher in Silver has one of the most compact sizes and designs in the marketplace today. It can easily fit on your counter under your kitchen cabinets.
- Energy-Efficient Technology. Countertop dishwashers are generally designed to consume less energy than built-in dishwashers and the EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher takes this energy efficiency to a whole new different level. This model uses over half the energy that similar dishwasher models use. The unit is also designed to use less water so you save on your utility bills.
- Six Wash Cycles. Like most advanced portable countertop dishwashers, the EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher features six wash cycles that you can opt for depending on the type of washing that you need to do. For instance, “heavy” is suitable for extremely stained plates and food containers. There is also “soak” if you prefer to soak your dishes in water before fully washing them. Other cycles include light, normal, glass and rinse.
- 6-Place Setting. The EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher has a 6-plate capacity, with each plate measuring approximately 10 inches in diameter.
- Child Lock Function and LED Display. If you have kids around the house then you will want to make sure that your home appliances are not a danger to them. This countertop dishwasher features a child lock function so kids wont be able to operate them by themselves. An attractive LED display also completes the dishwashers modern look.
- H 17-3/16 x W 21-11/16 x D 19-11/16
- Power: 680W / 5.72A
- Input voltage: 120V / 60Hz
- Maximum water temperature: 149°F
- Water usage (normal wash): 3.5 gallons
- 5 foot hose
- Noise level: 55±3dB
- Stainless Steel Interior to prevent rust and corrosion
- Wash cycles: Heavy, normal, light, glass, speed and soak
- Delayed start
- Spray arm for maximum durability
- One year part and 90-days labor
Pros and Cons
Most people who purchased this dishwasher are quite happy with the product. The dishwashers washing capability is obviously its biggest benefit. Although it is recommended that you remove crumbs and leftover foods from the plates before putting them in the dishwasher, some consumers found that even without doing so, their plates emerged sparkling clean. The noise is also minimal so you can attend to your errands without having to worry about the noise.
Before purchasing the dishwasher, try to make sure that the hose that will connect the dishwasher to the sink should be able to fit your faucet. A couple of consumers complained that the hose that the dishwasher comes with is not compatible with their faucets.